MATERIALS & CARE
All of my designs are made with raw brass. Please note that raw brass has natural surface scuffs, dips and minor imperfections because it is not a plated and polished metal.
The jump rings and ear hooks that I use are gold plated brass and are hypoallergenic friendly.
I use laser cut bamboo in the majority of my pieces. The wood is uncoated. There is some extra care needed since the materials are not treated with any harmful resins or sealers.
Here are some tips to maximize the life of the jewelry you purchase:
- Do not wear any of jewelry while exercising, swimming or showering. The wood is porous and will not do well if it is exposed to moisture. The brass can tarnish more easily when exposed to moisture.
- Avoid getting any perfume or fragrances on your jewelry. Put on your pieces after you’ve sprayed any perfume to avoid it any unintended interactions with the metal.
- Avoid contact with any lotions or personal care products. Wait to put your jewelry on until your moisturizer is absorbed.
- Wipe your jewelry gently after wearing it with a very soft cloth or a cotton ball to remove buildup of dust or dirt.
- If possible, keep it stored away from sun when not wearing to extend its life and reduce premature tarnishing or fading.
- Don’t store your jewelry in the bathroom where it may be exposed to steam/moisture.
If you lose an earring please contact me!
I make replacements for missing halfs ALL THE TIME! It happens. I want you to be able to wear your jewelry for years to come!